B18: Three Faces of the Muse
A renaissance for four to five 7th level characters
One of the greatest artisans of the age dies in a tragic construction accident while completing work on the cathedral dedicated to the goddess of beauty, art, love, and music. Undaunted, the high priest beseeches the goddess to return the great master’s soul to complete the task. Though the blessing is surely granted, the soul of the artist remains trapped in the Beyond. The clues to this mystery lie hidden in the works of the virtuoso scattered throughout the cathedral grounds. Can the PCs interpret the art of the renowned composer, sculptor, architect, and painter in time to free the soul, or will the crowning glory of his life’s work go unrealized? Worse yet, will the jewel of the goddess remain at the mercy of lesser artisans to complete?
Also included in this adventure:
- Encounters that will test the PCs’ skills and artistic merit as well as their combat prowess, often at the same time!
- A chance for minstrels to shine!
- A new magic item, the stonering – perfect for rogues, spies, and those who simply need a way to disappear into the walls.
- An opponent (with an ability to transcend death) ripe for introduction as a recurring villain in your campaign. Revenge is never so sweet than when driven by the past success of the heroes.
- Notes on scaling the encounters for parties of six or more.