Showing 1–9 of 10 results
U01: Dark Days in Stoneholme
Waves of supernatural darkness sweep over the subterranean city of Stoneholme, quenching lights and bringing with it foul creatures of shadow. After heroically defending a group of dwarven children from being ravaged by a group of these shadow beings, the PCs are approached by Shtawn Deppenkhut—one of the king’s own advisers—and are offered the task of finding the source of the darkness that threatens the city.
The PCs investigation takes them through the Underworld to hidden caverns, where demon worshipping priests offer living sacrifices in an attempt to plunge Stoneholme into everlasting darkness, a first step in destroying the hated city once and for all, but as it turns out the priests aren’t the only ones behind this unfolding plan to destroy Stoneholme.
Dark Days in Stoneholme is a Pathfinder/3.5 compatible adventure suitable for four to six PCs of 1st-2nd level that features low-level exploration in Aventyr’s Underworld and intrigue both in and around the dwarven city of Stoneholme.
This fine dwarven-themed adventure includes:
- Dwarves, diabolists, and demons!
- The Underworld city of Stoneholme!
- Two new magical items, the aubade pendant (to light a wayward adventurer’s path) and the dark-heart ruby (a devious stone of dark portent).
- The Dark-Blessed template, offering up a new means to embolden your monsters and NPCS!
- Two separate dungeons—the Quartzfell Glassworks and Felltooth Temple!
Rise of the Drow: VTT Maps$15.99
This download contains 36 High Resolution maps for running the Rise of the Drow trilogy on a virtual tabletop. Grids have been cleared to make the maps easier to use in a VTT program and things such as secret doors have been removed to hide them from the players.
These Virtual Tabletop (VTT) maps are designed for use with VTT programs such as Roll20, d20pro, Fantasy Grounds, and others.
All maps designed and constructed by 3x ENnie Award winning cartographer Todd Gamble with help from Jonathan G. Nelson.
To see our entire collection of VTT maps visit adventureaweek.com/shop
RotD: Underworld Encounter Maps (PDF)
40 Underworld Encounter Maps!
Traveling through the Underworld, the players will encounter weird and wonderful caverns, challenging passageways, and many more strange natural phenomenon. These tiles allow you, as GM, to plan and position interesting and exciting random events for your PCs; their geomorph nature grants many different possibilities, giving many hours of action and excitement for the PCs.
These underworld encounter maps were crafted by 3x ENnie award winning cartographer Todd Gamble (WotC, Green Ronin, Privateer Press) and include maps from:
- Underworld Caverns
- Dwarven City of Embla
- Drow City of Holoth
Rise of the Drow
Expanded & Revised 2014 edition
Foreword by Ed Greenwood
Writing by Stephen Yeardley, Jonathan G. Nelson, Ed Greenwood, Owen KC Stephens, Christina Stiles, Brian Berg, Jason Stoffa, Kevin Mickelson, and Mike Myler. Art by Jen Page, Satine Phoenix, Todd Gamble, Kerem Beyit, Mates Laurentiu, Rick Hershey, Jacob Blackmon and more!
If absolute power corrupts absolutely, Matron Maelora best beware; her plans for total domination of the Underworld are already close to satisfactory completion, while attacks on the Upperworld have become increasingly successful. The other power-hungry drow families of Holoth may despise her but they know a true leader when they see one, and House Gullion has been revealed as the family to lead them all on the path to glory. With the entire Underworld in chaos and the Spider Goddess regularly communing with her chosen Matron, far greater dreams than mere regional conquest are within the grasp of the drow, as Maelora prepares her grand dark elf army for victory!
With other mystical allies standing firm with the Matron, other Underworld races beneath her heel or cowering behind fortified walls, and every drow ready to play their part when she gives the word, what could possibly stop her from achieving her final triumph and fulfilling her destiny?
But even the greatest of plans has a flaw if you look hard enough, and a party of stout heart and strong resolve can make a difference. At first, such a party may well believe it is on a smaller adventure, perhaps to win a few baubles or some small acclaim by rescuing a few kidnapped villagers. Soon, however, those adventurers will realise that much more is at stake, and that they are the ones who will need to make moves against the evil Matron Maelora and her increasing dominance if both the entire Underworld and Upperworld are to be saved. But how will they go about it? Can they ensure their own success when an entire city is standing against them? Only they have the chance to halt the Rise of the Drow!
“Rise of the Drow” is a standalone ‘mega module’ of almost 500 pages. It is designed for starters of 6th level and takes players up to around 18th level. It can be played in conjunction with “The Darkness Arrives”, the prologue to this adventure that support PCs of level 1 to 6, and “The Commander of Malice”, and epilogue to RotD that takes those same PCs to level 20.
Rise of the Drow (PDF) contains:
- Brand new illustrations by Mates Laurentiu, Rick Hershey, Jacob Blackmon, Jen Page, and Satine Phoenix
- New and revised maps by 3x ENnie award winning cartographer Todd Gamble
- Beautiful page design by Rick Hershey of Fat Goblin Games
- The dwarven trade city of Embla fleshed out in even greater detail
- A fully expanded Fungi Forest spanning over 50 pages with new spells and items
- Three main paths for the PCs to explore with options to take your adventures even farther
- The dwarven capital of Stoneholme by Kevin Mickelson author of Mask of Death adventure
- Jorumgard the Deep Dragon Lair by Owen KC Stephens of Rogue Genius Games
- Vethin’s Hold, a new underground city of trade and treachery by Jason Stoffa of Fat Goblin Games
- The foul drow House Invidious by Brian Berg of TPK Games
- Holoth, the mighty drow city of the Underworld completely revised and expanded by Christina Stiles of Kobold Press, Rogue Genius Games, and Christina Stiles Presents.
- The gargantuan Temple of the Spider Goddess by Joshua Gullion of AaW
- House Gullion’s home, Tolgorith Tower which spans across 6 maps and includes over 30 different locations for your PCs to explore
- Supplemental histories on each member of House Gullion
- The demiplane of Venom
- Multiple ways for the PCs to end the adventure and many more ways to continue with the Rise of the Drow Epilogue: The Commander of Malice or new adventures in the Underworld!
- New artifacts like the powerful soul-stealing Vidrefacte
- New Traps like ochre jelly dust
- New Special Abilities such as the third eye of fear
- New Feats including Fused Weapon Fighting
- New Items like giant green-spored parasol mushroom poison and Fungi Forest kombucha
- New Magical Items such as the coin of singing and mycelosuits
- New Mushroom and Drow domains
- Loads of new spells perfect for adventuring underground
- New Monsters, too numerous to list
- and much more!
Hero Lab: RotD Epilogue$9.99
Hero Lab files for the Rise of the Drow Epilogue: The Commander of Malice.
Dungeon Denizens Revisited
Inner Sea World Guide
Malefactor (TPK Games)
Mythical Monsters Revisited
Rise of the Drow main package (AaW)
Hero Lab: RotD Trilogy$19.99
Hero Lab files for the revised and expanded Rise of the Drow Trilogy.
Advanced Race Guide
Book of the Damned 3: Horsemen of the apocalypse
Humans of Golarion
Inner Sea Bestiary
Inner Sea World Guide
Misfit Monsters Redeemed
Hero Lab: RotD Prologue$9.99
Hero Lab files for the Rise of the Drow Prologue: The Darkness Arrives.
Advanced Player’s Guide
Rise of the Drow Epilogue: The Commander of Malice (PDF)$15.99
Rise of the Drow: The Commander of Malice is a D&D 3.5 and Pathnder Roleplaying Game compatible adventure that takes four to six 16th- 18th level PCs to 20th level.
This adventure may be used either as a high-level standalone or a conclusion to the Rise of the Drow trilogy (available in PDF & hardback).
The war with the dark elves may well have come to an end on one plane, but it continues elsewhere in the multiverse as the prime instigator of the upheaval and unrest manages to escape. Souls are slippery items, able to squirm between the narrowest of cracks and evade the most thorough of enemies; one favored by a goddess seemingly holds the best of cards dealt by Fate.
After the final battle in the drow’s home, the party’s foe once again finds an escape route and despair would be an easy emotion to feel—but the portal the villainous priestess used to evade the PCs after the final assault is still active, if heavily damaged, and restoring it gives one way to follow their enemy to wherever she has fled!
Pulses of sickly, acid-green light from pieces of the circle of stones tell the adventurers what their next step might be, but will they follow the fleeing essence of the priestess? First the PCs must prepare themselves after their recent hard-fought successes, and gather together the fragments of the gate to rebuild and activate it. Only then can they make their pursuit—that almost certainly means further effort from the party themselves, and possibly those around them. How many more sacrifices must those opposed to the drow make to defeat them once and for all? This may be the adventurers’ final one, as they enter the home of the Queen of Venom for one final confrontation!
- Details of the Demiplane of Venom, expanded from the original “Rise of the Drow” encounter
- New traps to challenge high-level parties
- New creatures – the Spite-Spitter, Venom Demon, Vemp, Venomwight, Aseadweed, Bodacolumn, Despair, and the dread Dark Angel Eclipse
- A clan of acid naga monks intent on protecting its holy site
- New art by Jacob Blackmon and Mates Laurentiu
- New maps by Tommi Salama
- A potentially never-ending maze to test the PCs to their limit
- Truly appalling poetry from a titan that should know better
Rise of the Drow: Player’s Guide (PDF)$3.99
Obtain information on Rybalka and the surrounding environs, meet important NPCs, hear local rumors, and discover new races!
The Rise of the Drow Player’s Guide is the perfect introduction to the incredible adventure trilogy and brings everything you need to know to join in the game!