Varakt’s Halo: The Great Pubo Hunt (1 of 3)
The PCs wake up shipwrecked on an isolated island, unable to escape the archipelago while the unnaturally active volcanoes that surround it continue to generate vicious currents and tumultuous weather patterns. After awakening they are ambushed by aquatic savages before being introduced to one of the island’s two unique native races. The PCs are tasked with saving the beleaguered tribe by completing an annual ritual and capturing a pubo, a misshapen and clumsy landlocked bird. This typically simple task will prove to be a far more dangerous endeavor than they expect however and they soon find themselves to be the prey! Should they survive the encounter the mystery of what plagues the dwindling population of islanders is slowly revealed in this first module in the Varakt’s Halo adventure path!
What awaits you within The Great Pubo Hunt?
- An adventure designed specifically for introducing players to the psionics rule set!
- The Psionic Psyllabus—a one page summary covering the basic elements of the psionics rules for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game System.
- Eleven pre-generated characters made using the races and classes presented in Psionics Unleashed andPsionics Expanded.
- Two new advanced races for use in regular Pathfinder games or settings using the psionics rule set; thehrek, people borne of both flame and earth as well as the athmer, a race created in the dance between wind and water.
- A new type of psionic creature—the unsuspecting pubo, and it’s monstrous mutated brethren.
- Varakt Island, an archipelago that can easily be dropped into any campaign setting with a large body of water.
- The crown of fleez, a new psionic item any character can make use of.
- The cloak of aquatic subversion, a new psionic item that lets you swim with the fishes, one could say.
- Xyrx crystals: psionically charged plot devices that offer GMs a convenient way to incorporate psionic PCs into their game world without drastically altering the thematics of the setting or power structures in design.
- A rudimentary language-based puzzle to engage your players, not just their character sheets!
- Maps and artwork by Justin Andrew Mason.
- Cover art by Jacob Blackmon!