Replacement Hat Trap CR 7
Type magic; Perception DC 31; Disable Device DC 31
Trigger touch; Reset none
Effect spell effect (geas/quest compels the target to replace the touched hat with a brand new, exact replica)
A particular zwerc loved his hats and hated the thought of anyone touching them—or, Amber Roads forbid, wearing them. After having too many chapeaus spoiled by the prying fingers of well-meaning but clueless guests, he came up with a clever solution: the replacement hat trap. By taking a few of his favorite hats and casting geas/quest on them, anyone that even touched one of his hats immediately became compelled to replace it with an exact replica (ensuring that, at least, his finery wouldn’t be soiled by others). Every now and then a replacement hat trap appears; no one knows exactly how they get there, but rumors abound revolving around ancient dwarven spirits, hat gods, and even more outlandish explanations.
[Submitted by Rory Toma!]
WHY YOU NEED THIS:
- Book Golem and Liberum Golem – If you prefer your golems well read, these constructs are up your alley—just mind the paper cuts.
- Chicken Coop – Swallow parties whole with this madman's dream of a chicken mixed with a house.
- Cold Mutated Ogre Spider, Earthen Spider, Sloth Spider – We at AaW firmly believe there can just never be enough spiders.
- Exsanguinator the Daemon – Make adventurers really feel the hurt and introduce them to the master of blood.
- Eye Eater – Give maiming PCs a try and don't hesitate to rip out an eye or two (it can give them a new perspective on the game!)
- Mosaic Tile Golem, Mushroom Golem, Pumpkin Golem, Totem Golem, Treasure Golem– There's a reason Paizo is so fond of these...
- NITNAM – Remember that time the adventurers had to go inside of the giant, flesh-sac alien monster to kill it? You always will.
- Pubo, Great Pubo, Jinn Wizard, Tyngdekraften – Explosions, antimagic fields, and gravity wells—who could ask for anything more?
- Skildpadder – If dwarves don't belong on top of giant subterranean tortoise-bullettes, what's the world coming to?
- Templates: Dark Scion, Eldritch, Fleshdoll, HEL, Titanic – Because you never really can have enough templates.
Vote AdventureAWeek.com in the 2015 ENnies!
We are excited to tell you that AdventureAWeek.com has been nominated for the 2015 ENnie award for Best Website! Please take a moment out of your day to visit the ENnies website and vote for us (make sure to select 1 to mark us as your favorite!).
If you're also a NERDTREK reader (another website many of the AAW Games crew take part in) that's nominated for Best Blog and we encourage you to vote not only in that category, but all of the 2015 ENnies!
Thanks for reading and casting your vote! POLLS CLOSE TODAY so get your ballot in now!!!