Primal Magic Arrow
Aura strong universal; CL 15th
Slot none; Price 12,000 gp; Weight —
This arrow is fletched with gryphon feathers, the ebon wood shaft carved and gilded with a spiraling row of arcane runes. The tip, an arrowhead forged of cold iron, is surrounded by a faint, translucent, heatless, violet flame.
In addition to dealing standard damage as a +1 cold iron arrow, a primal magic arrow also triggers one of the following random primal magic effects when it is fired.
Random Primal Magic Effects (Roll 1d6)
- A circular pit opens below the primal magic arrow’s point of impact. The pit creates an extradimensional space in the ground (not an actual pit) with a depth of 10 x wielder’s hit dice, but otherwise functions as create pit.
- An area with a radius of 30 ft. around the primal magic arrow’s point of impact becomes utterly dark (as if from a deeper darkness spell).
- Loud, strange, out-of-tune music reverberates from the primal magic arrow for 1d4 minutes, audible to a range of 1d4 miles. If a creature is struck by the primal magic arrow, this music causes it to be deaf (all sound drowned out by the music) for the duration of the effect.
- If a creature is hit all armor, weapons, gear, and clothing in its possession are magically transported to a haphazard pile on the ground 1d4 x 10 ft. away from it in a random direction (DC 25 Will save negates).
- If a creature is hit, a burst of power erupts from the primal magic arrow dealing an amount of negative energy damage equal to 1d10 x the wielder’s hit dice.
- If a creature is hit, roll on the rod of wonder table; both the hit creature and the wielder are considered targets for the primal magic arrow’s additional effect.
Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, diamond worth 1,500 gp, limited wish; Cost 6,750 gp