lysyy THE HAT MERCHANT CR 4
Male zwerc skald 5
NG Medium humanoid (dwarf, fey)
Init +1; Senses darkvision 120 ft., low-light vision; Perception +3
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 41 (5d8+15)
Fort +6, Ref +2, Will +3; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities, +4 vs. sonic or language-dependent effects
Defensive Abilities uncanny dodge
Weaknesses light blindness
Speed 20 ft.
Melee +1 earthbreaker +3 (2d6, Crit x3)
Ranged shortbow +4 (1d6, Crit x3, Range 60 ft.)
Special Attacks raging song 14 rounds/day (inspired rage—+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, song of marching—60 ft.-radius, overland hustle for 1 hour), spell kenning 1/day, treacherous earth 1/day (standard action, 10-ft.-radius into difficult terrain for 5 minutes)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 5th; concentration +8)
2nd (3/day)—allegro, blindness/deafness, gallant inspiration
1st (5/day)—chord of shards, identify, timely inspiration, vanish
0th—detect magic, know direction, mage hand, mending, prestidigitation, sift
Before Combat lysyy avoids it when possible, but otherwise uses treacherous earth to make the area between him and enemies into difficult terrain.
During Combat lysyy focuses more on enhancing his allies using raging song, timely inspiration, and gallant inspiration.
Morale Unless his hats are on the line, lysyy casts vanish and flees when reduced to 18 hp or less.
Raging Statistics When raging song is active, lysyy’s stats are AC 17; Speed 25 ft.; Will +5; Melee +1 earthbreaker +4 (2d6+1, Crit x3)..
Str 8, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 16
Base Atk +3; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Craft Wondrous Item, Dodge, Scribe Scroll [B], Skill Focus (Craft [hat])
Skills Acrobatics +5, Appraise +5, Climb +3, Craft (hat) +12, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Knowledge (geography) +7, Perception +3, Perform (oratory) +11, Profession (merchant) +7, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +5, Use Magic Device +8
Languages Common, Dwarven, Undercommon
SQ bardic knowledge +2, deep magic (+2 to dispel magic or overcome spell resistance), rage power (swift foot), stonecunning, versatile performance (Perform [oratory]; Bluff, Diplomacy), well-versed
Combat Gear potions of cure light wounds (3), potion of invisibility, potion of pass without trace; Other Gear hat of disguise, mwk breastplate, shortbow (10 arrows)
Use the “Deep Gnome (Svirfneblin)” entry in the Monster Manual with the following changes: Medium sized (increase weapon attack damage to 1d10 and 1d6, respectively), dwarf subtype, increase hit points to 22, knows Dwarven instead of Gnomish, has the bardic inspiration feature (d8; 3 uses per long rest) and combat inspiration class feature.
The Aventyr Bestiary Kickstarter!
WHY YOU NEED THIS:
- Book Golem and Liberum Golem – If you prefer your golems well read, these constructs are up your alley—just mind the paper cuts.
- Chicken Coop – Swallow parties whole with this madman’s dream of a chicken mixed with a house.
- Cold Mutated Ogre Spider, Earthen Spider, Sloth Spider – We at AaW firmly believe there can just never be enough spiders.
- Exsanguinator the Daemon – Make adventurers really feel the hurt and introduce them to the master of blood.
- Eye Eater – Give maiming PCs a try and don’t hesitate to rip out an eye or two (it can give them a new perspective on the game!)
- Mosaic Tile Golem, Mushroom Golem, Pumpkin Golem, Totem Golem, Treasure Golem– There’s a reason Paizo is so fond of these…
- NITNAM – Remember that time the adventurers had to go inside of the giant, flesh-sac alien monster to kill it? You always will.
- Pubo, Great Pubo, Jinn Wizard, Tyngdekraften – Explosions, antimagic fields, and gravity wells—who could ask for anything more?
- Skildpadder – If dwarves don’t belong on top of giant subterranean tortoise-bullettes, what’s the world coming to?
- Templates: Dark Scion, Eldritch, Fleshdoll, HEL, Titanic – Because you never really can have enough templates.
Get your pledge in and get your game on!
Vote AdventureAWeek.com in the 2015 ENnies!
Vote AdventureAWeek.com in the 2015 ENnies!
We are excited to tell you that AdventureAWeek.com has been nominated for the 2015 ENnie award for Best Website! Please take a moment out of your day to visit the ENnies website and vote for us (make sure to select 1 to mark us as your favorite!).
If you’re also a NERDTREK reader (another website many of the AAW Games crew take part in) that’s nominated for Best Blog and we encourage you to vote not only in that category, but all of the 2015 ENnies!
Thanks for reading and casting your vote! Booths close on July 14th!