Hat Rack Trap CR 6
Type mechanical; Perception DC 22; Disable Device DC 23
Trigger location; Reset automatic reset
Effect Atk +12 melee touch (4d6 piercing damage; if target’s headgear slot contains a magic item, it takes this damage instead and gains the broken condition without a DC 18 Fortitude save); multiple targets (all targets within a 10-ft. square area)
The hat rack trap was commissioned by a wealthy zwerc merchant who loved to entertain and fascinate his guests. He thought that having a hat rack that automatically removed his guests’ hats would be wonderful—which it would have, had he not been delivered this monstrosity. Not only does the hat rack trap offend by removing the hats of elders, it also tends to destroy the headgear and in the case of a hatless guests, the head.
After several unfortunate instances during the first party where it was displayed, the hat rack trap was stored away, not to be seen again. How it ended up in Shlyappa is anyone’s guess.
[Submitted by Rory Toma!]
WHY YOU NEED THIS:
- Book Golem and Liberum Golem – If you prefer your golems well read, these constructs are up your alley—just mind the paper cuts.
- Chicken Coop – Swallow parties whole with this madman’s dream of a chicken mixed with a house.
- Cold Mutated Ogre Spider, Earthen Spider, Sloth Spider – We at AaW firmly believe there can just never be enough spiders.
- Exsanguinator the Daemon – Make adventurers really feel the hurt and introduce them to the master of blood.
- Eye Eater – Give maiming PCs a try and don’t hesitate to rip out an eye or two (it can give them a new perspective on the game!)
- Mosaic Tile Golem, Mushroom Golem, Pumpkin Golem, Totem Golem, Treasure Golem– There’s a reason Paizo is so fond of these…
- NITNAM – Remember that time the adventurers had to go inside of the giant, flesh-sac alien monster to kill it? You always will.
- Pubo, Great Pubo, Jinn Wizard, Tyngdekraften – Explosions, antimagic fields, and gravity wells—who could ask for anything more?
- Skildpadder – If dwarves don’t belong on top of giant subterranean tortoise-bullettes, what’s the world coming to?
- Templates: Dark Scion, Eldritch, Fleshdoll, HEL, Titanic – Because you never really can have enough templates.