Topic

Home Forums Adventureaweek.com Rise of the Drow – Darkness Arrives (possible spoilers, I guess?)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan G. Nelson Jonathan G. Nelson 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of xvipah
    xvipah

Just finished getting my group through part 2 of the prologue on our way to playing the full adventure.

So far we have had an Elven Thief jump up and ride a Dire Wolverine and a Halfling Barbarian slip out of a Gargoyle’s grasp from on high, and crash down on to a Drider to pretty stunning effect.

Been good fun so far. Part 3 to come, then on to the main adventure!

Wow, Xvipath, sounds like your players and their PCs are really giving it their all! How did they get on saving the cathedral in the first place? Did they manage to stop it being burnt to the ground?

As for spoilers, I reckon that something like, “you stand the chance of being dropped out the air by a gargoyle onto a drider” is just right for keeping players interested!!

Enjoy the next part, then onto…well…”who knows what?”

Profile photo of xvipah
    xvipah

They did get through it without it burning down amazingly enough. They even split up beforehand, with the Paladin deciding the townsfolk who were outside fighting undead needed his help more than the burning tower did. Meanwhile, the thief thought it’d be a good idea to follow Juriendor downstairs sneakily.

It was pretty hard to not just slaughter them there. 🙂

Profile photo of xvipah
    xvipah

So, once more my group surprised the hell out of me and did some cool stuff.

Snuck in to the fortress using the secret passage late at night (like, 3am or so). Found Erik Splitaxe asleep in his room in the basement and murdered him while he slept.

Then they took his head and marched boldly up in to the room where the rest of the barbarians were sleeping (or, trying to sleep) and demanded that they leave. They even offered them their pay for the contract (using the money in the chest at the foot of Splitaxe’s bed). Between the head of their leader, the fact that they were already spooked by the haunts, and the Paladin’s intimidate rolls – they got all 50 of the archers and warriors to agree to leave (I couldn’t believe the rolls I was getting for them). All without one drop of blood spilled.

It was kind of epic 🙂

That’s fantastic! The very reason I love roleplaying games. Your players can many times surprise you and anything is possible. I’m glad you “rolled with it” and let them pull this off. It can be fun to end a conflict without bloodshed, especially when the “muscle” aren’t necessarily bad people, just people in need of something which others can provide (gold, food, etc.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.