Topic

Home Forums Adventureaweek.com Introduce Yourself!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 77 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  OhGodItsBoth 5 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author

vin

Hey all,

I had joined (mostly lurking in the shadows) the ranks back before the RotD KS, and boy was I glad to find AaW at that time. Along the way I let my subscription lapse somehow, so here I am making my presence more known (and hopefully more active) to avoid history repeating itself.

My name is Vinciente, and I have been playing table-top RPGs since somewhere between the change from 1st to 2nd edition AD&D. I had been a loyalist to the D&D brand, including running sanctioned 4th Edition games for about 2 years, until 4th edition just seemed to end my romance with their brand. Before “leaving the D&D family”, our main group agreed to try Pathfinder and have been playing it ever since.
    After a couple months of PC troubles, I have managed to get the PC fixed & am using #RealmWorks and #HeroLab to run a new campaign which started 2 weeks ago with the Crow’s Rest adventure, and will have the bulk of their adventuring in the RotD series from the successful KS. So, keep an I out for my inquiries related to some of the adventures & blending them into Pathfinder. Hopefully that will lead to me getting to know more of you.

-Vin

man I guess I should at last introduce myself here.

Hi, everyone, I’m Jensen. I’ve been doing layout design for AAW since about January. I’m having a blast so far, and I hope you’ve all enjoyed the work I’ve been doing so far.

My most notable work so far has been the layout design for the Fallen Leaves Adventure Path, for A24: Return to the Crypt of the Sun Lord, the first part of the Dracoprima adventure path, Disaster in Drak’kal, and the forthcoming AaW Bestiary.

Most of my formal training is in copyediting, proofreading, and general editorial; since I’m a freelancer, don’t hesitate to drop me a line if you need work done! Previously, I’ve worked in small press publishing and briefly at Wired Magazine and ZeniMax Online Studios (creator of Elder Scrolls Online).

@vin! Sorry I didn’t see your post before now. Can I answer any questions about A-series adventure modules or the Aventyr Campaign Setting?

@bjtope Jensen, your work is gorgeous! You never cease to amaze me with both your layouts and ability to adapt and even create your own elements within layout to further enhance the product in question. Thank you for all you do!

dzianna

Hello all.

My name is actually Dzianna and I am running a pathfinder campaign in a world I devised. I’ve done alot of neat world building and am running a game in a town of necromancers. I’m not as an experienced dungeon master as some of my players and like the mini dungeons here to flesh out things.

Um. That’s me. Nice to meet you all

Hello Dzianna! Nice to virtually meet you, welcome to our site.

What adventure are you thinking of trying out first?

-Jonathan

dzianna

I ran Aura of profit for the guys last Tuesday and they got a big kick out of it! Also the Solarium, but Aura of profit was their favorite mini dungeon of the night. (Had planned on running by silver’s light but got very sick so decided to run something simple)

I’ll probably run Devil of the dark wood next as it fits really well in my world!

bawsr

Hello! I don’t like subscription services in general but I think this one looks decent. I have been really looking for more 5e things to run for my players (I have two groups currently).

I have been playing DND since before Empire Strikes Back came out 🙂 (Ok My wife says I have a problem because I measure everything in Star Wars time :D)

I have bought a lot of the material for every edition since forever. I played DND Online because work was crazy. (we only played about once a month PNP)

I moved across the country and was convinced to start playing again. By people close to me and people across the country were all upset. So I found fantasy Grounds and I have been enjoying it. I have met a lot of really nice people there. My goal is to eventually get my campaign into FG just for my use.. I just need to get into my new house (lets know talk about all the issues with building a new house and just stay in the Happy lands of failing saving throws.. that is much happier 😀 )

I ran basic, 1st,2nd,3rd,3.5, 4th and 5th edition dnd. (Besides, Champions, Traveller, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, Rolemaster, TFT… ok I will stop because I am sure there is a word limit somewhere.

My worst frustration has been with lack of material in FG. I expected there to be hundreds of modules available. I guess I will see what I can do here with what AAW has. It is a little harder to off the cuff in FG also. I had players wanted to play 5 days a week. that makes it a little more challenging.

I have a group that just made 2nd level and a level 7 group (tough) in 5e.

I am always open to FG ideas and I can look at web adventures and fudge if I need to. Just through a couple of maps up. I can convert between systems also.

I am a strong proponent of good rules and knowing them. Still working my way through 5th edition. It is very different from 3.5 (Lack of skills seems to be frustrating at least one of my players)

Well I guess I won’t give me whole life story here.. There has to be some surprises right?

We’re firing up the forums again so please feel free to start posting!

If we lack a certain category please let us know and we’ll get it set up.

Thanks!

-Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games

Hello,

I wanted to say thanks for the discount on Into the Wintery Gale: Wrath of the Jotunn. I’ve enjoyed reading the various AAW products I’ve purchased over the years and look forward to many more to come 🙂

Oh, I suppose I should say something about myself. I’m Steve and long time gamer. Wow, almost 40 years since I first started figuring out what this D&D things was.

Since then, I’ve run and played more RPGs and RPGs systems than I can recall. Various flavors of D&D, GURPS, Savage Worlds, Hero System, FATE, BRP, various flavors of Star Wars, Rifts, Feng Shui, Doctor Who Adventures in Time and Space, Marvel Super Heroes, a couple of editions of Traveller, and plenty of others.

If you couldn’t already tell, I love a wide variety of RPGs 🙂 I also enjoy sharing an adventure or more with all that care to join me. And look forward to many more years of great gaming.

Hi Steve,

Welcome to my site!

You’re quite welcome for the Gary Gygax Day special on IWG: WotJ. Justin Andrew Mason and I hope you enjoy the 200 page mega-adventure AND your time here on the site.

My best friend and I started playing RPGs 30 years ago this year and we still game together every other Friday with our regular group. Right now it’s 5th Edition using Fantasy Grounds (at my homemade gaming table) both in person (if people can make it) and Skype if they can’t. It’s a system we’ve found that works and with a TV built into the gaming table allows players to still look across the table at one another rather than staring at a computer screen. There’s a certain level of camaraderie and social interaction I find necessary for a truly compelling and exciting roleplaying game experience. To each their own right? 😉

Hopefully more users will hop on the forums and introduce themselves. I know we’ve had it turned off for some years now but… it’s back!!

Happy Friday & Happy Gaming my friends!

Thanks,

-Jonathan G. Nelson
    Owner/Publisher
    AAW Games

drberg42

Hello,

I’m David, and I’ve been a subscriber on and off for the past year. I’ve also been DMing a 5e game for a group of friends for just over a year. I found this website last summer while looking for content to run with that group and have been waiting for AAW to update more of the adventures and the campaign setting information to 5e. Is there a plan to add Tieflings and Dragonborn to the setting in the future? Or to adjust the information on the other races, classes, locations, deities, and spells to 5e compatibility? All of that aside, I like this setting and look forward to running a group through it!

Hi David!

At the moment we don’t have our 5E Aventyr content up on the site but you can use it for the lore. If you need access to the Underworld Races & Classes for 5th Edition we did release a PDF and hardcover with that content which goes into much greater detail both in lore and crunch for 5th Edition. You can buy the PDF here on our site or order the hardcover when it is released in November 2017.

We hope to compile a full Aventyr hardcover for the setting in 2018 and launch that via Kickstarter.

Thanks!

-Jonathan G. Nelson
    AAW Games

KenButler3

Hey, I’m Ken. I’ve been gaming since I was fourteen with AD&D 2e. Currently I am into Pathfinder. Just joined the site as I want to GM again but don’t have the time to write my own stuff as I work and have a small child. Got the A-series in a bundle and wanted to see the setting. Looks cool so far.

Hi Ken!

A pleasure to meet you! Please post anytime you would like advice on the A-Series, I either wrote/co-wrote/or played Creative Director on this entire series and the Aventyr Campaign Setting.

Thanks,

-Jonathan G. Nelson
    AAW Games

PS- Did you grab the free Aventyr Campaign Setting map off the AaW Shop?

conclave27

Hi All,

Michael here, been DMing on and off from some 20 years. What first attracted me to the site was the underworld Races and Classes, and was very excited to see that it was just part of a larger campaign setting.

When the Wintry Gale project came out I knew I had to back that for sure, as it would expand more on this amazing world with more info on it as well as my monsters to look it and give me some creative ideas going.

Thanks Mr. Nelson for putting together such a fresh new world of adventure out there for us. Hopefully one day we will see an Aventyr Campaign Setting Book, showcasing and collecting everything you have created thus far. You have always bought together so many talented people to help create this world.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.