Topic

Home Forums Adventureaweek.com Adventure Development Development questions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan G. Nelson 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I did not want to post questions in your guide line sections you already have, so I made this one. If this is somewhere else, please move or delete.

Now, my question for AaW in general, is this mostly Pathfinder based? I understand the big “explosion” of players out there in this system. I have been on line and read references from the Pathfinder site. I see some differences here and there from 3.5 but not enough to see the need to buy new rule books.

I guess my question should be, how much conflict would there be developing 3.5 adventures?

All our adventures are designed for BOTH 3.5 and Pathfinder despite the glaring similarities there are some differences.

I’m not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if there’s a problem developing a 3.5 ONLY adventure to submit to AaW?

Anonymous

Yes, I guess that would be it. I was not sure on how free designers could be going one or the other.

Anonymous

Then again, the FAQ that I just found would have told me that. 😉

Have you ever thought about doing 1E and 2E for the old school fans? I know a lot that wish they could still get supplements for those.

Anonymous

So, after going through the ACT guidelines, unless I missed something, I will need to use monster stats from both 3.5 and Pathfinder. Correct? If so, I will have to buy the Pathfinder rules books before I can submit anything, or find someone to work with that can do the Pathfinder half. 😉

Anonymous

You can always use pfsrd to look up Pathfinder rules and monsters.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

However, the books are very well done so I also recommend buying them.

Sorry, don’t know how I missed your posts! 🙁

Yes, all adventures must be developed for BOTH 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Our annual PATHMASTER contest is Pathfinder only.

Anonymous

I am working on a Kingdom building set of adventures, making a lot of use of Ultimate Campaign/Game Mastery Guide. That wouldn’t require to be 3.5 converted would it for example?

John

Newer adventures are strictly Pathfinder RPG compatible. No more worries about dual 3.5/PF. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HUGE Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale - November 24th-27th, 2017.