Topic

Home Forums Adventureaweek.com Adventure Development Converting Statblocks (3.5/PF)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jonathan G. Nelson 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Some tips from Will Myers re: converting 3.5 to PF and vice versa.

The main things to check in conversions are:

Hit Dice (and hp)
    Feats (some 3.5 feats no longer exist in PF and there are more feats in PF than in 3.5)
    Skills This is the big one, because of the changes in the skill system.
    Skills from 3.5 to PF – Balance, Jump, and Tumble are all Acrobatics. Listen, Search, and Spot are all Perception. Hide and Move Silently are now Stealth. Forgery and Speak Language are part of Linguistics. When I convert these, I average the total ranks of the 3.5 skills and then use the average (rounded up) for the PF skill. For example, if Listen is +5, Search is +3, and Spot is +5 = 13/3 = 4.5 = Perception +5.
    Skills from PF to 3.5 – this is tougher, because of the changes. I try to do the opposite of 3.5 to PF. If Perception is +5, Listen becomes +5, Spot becomes +5, and Search (assuming I use it, because it’s a class skill for only two 3.5 classes) would get a +3 or +4.

(More from Will Myers…)

Base Attack Bonus + Strength modifier = Grapple.

Fighter 3 with a Strength of 18 = 3 + 4 = +7

Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7

Attack is for the attacks of the character/monster that is using one attack, say they moved their 30 ft. and get 1 attack. Full Attack is (really) for character/monsters that use the Full Attack action, which is a full round action. So, a 15th level Fighter with Strength 18 has a Base Attack Bonus of 15 and a Strength mod of +4. Let’s say he uses a longsword. The lines would read:

Attack: longsword +19 melee (1d8+4/19-20)
    Full Attack: longsword melee +19/+14/+9 (1d8+4/19-20)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.