Feral Dalliance CR 6
CE persistent haunt (15 ft.-radius circle)
Caster Level 6th
Notice Perception DC 24 (to notice the hairs on your body stand on end)
hp 27; Trigger proximity; Reset 1 day
Effect When this haunt is triggered, creatures within its area must make a DC 16 Will save or suddenly grow long, sharp teeth and nails. Over the next round they develop a bite (1d6 for Medium size creatures) and two claw attacks (1d4 for Medium size creatures) for ten rounds. During this time they are simultaneously under the effects of a confusion and rage spell, attacking with their new natural weapons. On the tenth round they go unconscious.
Destruction Find the remains of the dead mage Goriskarr, and dissolve them in acid under the light of a full moon.
Adventure Hook An inspired apprentice transmuter with an arrogance greater than his talents, Goriskarr bit off more than he could chew—far more literally than he intended. The young wizard’s progress wasn’t fast enough for him, and he sought out the witches of the wild to enhance his knowledge of transformation. They gave it to Goriskarr, making him a feral creature that roamed the countryside until the academy’s guards tracked him and put the crazed apprentice down. Since then his soul has roamed the spot where he died, spreading his ailment to any that pass by.
Do you have a chilling idea for a haunt or cursed item? Send it along to us at submit (at) adventureaweek.com, but please, bear the following in mind before you submit anything for review:
1. Anyone can submit an entry.
2. One entry per person at any one time. An entry must be your own work, not being published previously or considered by any other publisher, and it must original and not infringe upon copyrighted material.
3. All entries become property of Adventureaweek.com, LLP.
4. By submitting an entry you authorize the use of your name and likeness without additional compensation for promotion and advertising purposes in all media.
5. Adventureaweek.com, LLP reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this endeavor at any time without prior notice.
6. All decisions of Adventureaweek.com, LLP and their arbiters are final.
7. There is no compensation provided – any entries are given freely by their creators for use by Adventureaweek.com, LLP in perpetuity.
8. Your statblock must be properly formatted (compare to similar content on the AaWBlog for correct formatting).