Showing 10–10 of 10 results
Rise of the Drow (PDF & Hardback)$99.99
HARDBACK SOLD OUT PENDING NEW KICKSTARTER
Even if we’re sold out here you can still get the softback on DriveThruRPG.com
Rise of the Drow expanded & revised 2014 edition
494 pages, full color
Foreword by Ed Greenwood
Writing by Stephen Yeardley, Jonathan G. Nelson, Ed Greenwood, Owen KC Stephens, Christina Stiles, Brian Berg, Jason Stoffa, Kevin Mickelson, and Mike Myler. Art by Jen Page, Satine Phoenix, Todd Gamble, Kerem Beyit, Mates Laurentiu, Rick Hershey, Jacob Blackmon and more!
If absolute power corrupts absolutely, Matron Maelora best beware; her plans for total domination of the Underworld are already close to satisfactory completion, while attacks on the Upperworld have become increasingly successful. The other power-hungry drow families of Holoth may despise her but they know a true leader when they see one, and House Gullion has been revealed as the family to lead them all on the path to glory. With the entire Underworld in chaos and the Spider Goddess regularly communing with her chosen Matron, far greater dreams than mere regional conquest are within the grasp of the drow, as Maelora prepares her grand dark elf army for victory!
With other mystical allies standing firm with the Matron, other Underworld races beneath her heel or cowering behind fortified walls, and every drow ready to play their part when she gives the word, what could possibly stop her from achieving her final triumph and fulfilling her destiny?
But even the greatest of plans has a flaw if you look hard enough, and a party of stout heart and strong resolve can make a difference. At first, such a party may well believe it is on a smaller adventure, perhaps to win a few baubles or some small acclaim by rescuing a few kidnapped villagers. Soon, however, those adventurers will realise that much more is at stake, and that they are the ones who will need to make moves against the evil Matron Maelora and her increasing dominance if both the entire Underworld and Upperworld are to be saved. But how will they go about it? Can they ensure their own success when an entire city is standing against them? Only they have the chance to halt the Rise of the Drow!
“Rise of the Drow” is a standalone ‘mega module’ of almost 500 pages. It is designed for starters of 6th level and takes players up to around 18th level. It can be played in conjunction with “The Darkness Arrives”, the prologue to this adventure that support PCs of level 1 to 6, and “The Commander of Malice”, and epilogue to RotD that takes those same PCs to level 20.
Rise of the Drow (hardback) contains:
- Brand new illustrations by Mates Laurentiu, Rick Hershey, Jacob Blackmon, Jen Page, and Satine Phoenix
- New and revised maps by 3x ENnie award winning cartographer Todd Gamble
- Beautiful page design by Rick Hershey of Fat Goblin Games
- The dwarven trade city of Embla fleshed out in even greater detail
- A fully expanded Fungi Forest spanning over 50 pages with new spells and items
- Three main paths for the PCs to explore with options to take your adventures even farther
- The dwarven capital of Stoneholme by Kevin Mickelson author of Mask of Death adventure
- Jorumgard the Deep Dragon Lair by Owen KC Stephens of Rogue Genius Games
- Vethin’s Hold, a new underground city of trade and treachery by Jason Stoffa of Fat Goblin Games
- The foul drow House Invidious by Brian Berg of TPK Games
- Holoth, the mighty drow city of the Underworld completely revised and expanded by Christina Stiles of Kobold Press, Rogue Genius Games, and Christina Stiles Presents.
- The gargantuan Temple of the Spider Goddess by Joshua Gullion of AaW
- House Gullion’s home, Tolgorith Tower which spans across 6 maps and includes over 30 different locations for your PCs to explore
- Supplemental histories on each member of House Gullion
- The demiplane of Venom
- Multiple ways for the PCs to end the adventure and many more ways to continue with the Rise of the Drow Epilogue: The Commander of Malice or new adventures in the Underworld!
- New artifacts like the powerful soul-stealing Vidrefacte
- New Traps like ochre jelly dust
- New Special Abilities such as the third eye of fear
- New Feats including Fused Weapon Fighting
- New Items like giant green-spored parasol mushroom poison and Fungi Forest kombucha
- New Magical Items such as the coin of singing and mycelosuits
- New Mushroom and Drow domains
- Loads of new spells perfect for adventuring underground
- New Monsters, too numerous to list
- and much more!