To Walk the Dark Road
Ironwall Gap Must Hold
What is Pathmaster?
Pathmaster is an adventure design contest open to Game Masters and Adventure Designers! If you have an idea for a Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Adventure that you’d love to design and see published by Adventure-A-Week, write and submit a 400-word pitch for a 32-page adventure.
Who is allowed to enter?
Anyone can enter! We strongly encourage unpublished game masters with creative minds to dive in and give this contest a shot.
You may base your adventure in the AaW Campaign Setting if you wish, but it is not required.
A group of industry professionals (including top Paizo reviewers ENDZEITGEIST and KTFISH7) will choose five finalists from these submissions to write a 32 page adventure to be published in PDF format by Adventureaweek.com, LLP. Finalists will be financially compensated, and receive a free 3-month subscription to Adventureaweek.com.
Two of the five finalists will be chosen to assist Jonathan G. Nelson and Stephen Yeardley with sections of the RISE OF THE DROW mega-adventure due for release in 2014! RISE OF THE DROW is slated to be 550-750 pages, hardbound, with world-wide distribution. Writing credits will be awarded to these two finalists and listed within this massive tome. More details forthcoming as we near the end of the contest.
Grand Prize Winner
The adventure scoring the best "verified owner" ratings/reviews will be declared grand prize winner and the author hired to write a 6 part adventure path published in PDF and PRINT by Adventureaweek.com. In addition, the grand prize winner will also receive a free one year subscription to Adventureaweek.com, a limited edition village of Rybalka print autographed by AaW founders Todd Gamble and Jonathan Nelson, as well as a print copy of “BASIC1: A Learning Time” autographed by author Kevin Mickelson (Mask of Death).
The Nitty-Gritty Details
Your entry must be:
- 400 words or less. All longer submissions are automatically disqualified.
- Sent to pathmaster(at)adventureaweek.com no later than March 31st, 2013.
- Be submitted as a doc, docx, or rtf attachment.
- Have Pathmaster [insert adventure title] in the email’s subject line.
- Include your full name and contact information in the body of the email, not in your attachment.
- Be designed for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
- DOES NOT include any references to any settings not published by Adventureaweek.com, LLP. Please note that AaW does not have a license to print adventures using settings published by other companies. Any such entries will be immediately disqualified. You may refer to locations from the AaW Campaign Setting.
1. The contest is open to all.
2. One entry per person. The entry must be your own work, which has not been published previously, is not being considered for publication by any other publisher, and is original and does not infringe upon any copyrighted material.
3. All entries become property of Adventureaweek.com, LLP.
4. By entering this contest, you authorize the use of your name and likeness without additional compensation for promotion and advertising purposes in all media.
5. This contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws where applicable.
6. Adventureaweek.com, LLP reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
7. All decisions of Adventureaweek.com, LLP and the contest judges are final.