If you're brand new to the site things might be a little confusing. Luckily, most of your questions can be answered below and in our FAQ section.
1. Welcome page - When you log in, you'll automatically be brought to this welcome page, this is where you can get the latest news.
2. Flipbooks - Many subscribers miss the best part of our site by jumping straight for the PDF downloads. I suggest you take the time to check out our PDF flipbook web adventures first which you can run directly on your computer or tablet. Stop hauling books around and use Adventureaweek.com for all your adventuring needs, plus as a subscriber you gain access to every single adventure released via the site while with PDFs you can only snag a couple downloads per month.
Basic-Series are an ongoing series of adventures which can also be played as stand-alones. These are designed specifically for use with the Pathfinder Beginner Box and featured condensed statblocks, PC pre-gens, pawns, and more. These are the easiest way to introduce your players to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game or 5th Edition D&D and were written by Kevin Mickelson (Mask of Death).
A-Series take place in the Aventyr Campaign Setting (our own setting here at AaW). These adventures can be easily incorporated into other settings, run as solo adventures, or as a series. The choice is up to you and they are designed to be pretty loose so you don't have to worry about mucking things up if you jump around a bit when running these.
B-Series are written by guest authors and designed to be used in any campaign setting. The B-series are mostly stand-alone adventures with a couple short series.
C-Series were written in the spirit of the original hardcore AD&D modules such as Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, and the Temple of Elemental Evil. These are all stand-alone adventures.
U-Series are Underworld adventures compatible with the Rise of the Drow core book and situated in Aventyr's Underworld yet completely setting agnostic. These can be played as mini-series or as stand-alone adventures.
Adventure Paths are a series of ongoing adventure modules which tie together. There are many adventure paths to choose from with more being released every year!
Pathmaster is our adventure writing contest. These adventures contain the five selected entries two of which scored silver and gold for the year. The 2013 winner was Michael Allen with To Walk the Dark Road.
Side Quests are short encounters you can drop into any adventure with similar level requirements.
Mini-Dungeons are single page, double sided adventures for 5th Edition or the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game which are setting agnostic and are easily inserted anywhere in your campaign.
*New users Click here to view all your options for web adventures on one easy to read page!
*Series Guide - This guide (while not completely up to date) will help you find an adventure suitable for your group.
3. Aventyr! - After you've checked out the adventure feel free to browse the Aventyr Campaign Setting and explore new locations, races, classes, and so much more! There's a lot of material here and we're adding more every month. Check back to see what's new!
4. Subscriber Downloads - Once you've become acquainted with our service and know which PDF adventures you would like (2 per month) simply jump over to the Subscriber Downloads page, choose either Pathfinder RPG or 5th Edition and click the product you would like to download. A textbox will pop up which will tell you how many downloads you have left this month, make sure your ad-blockers and pop-up stoppers are turned off before you do this or you may lose your download! Click OK and the PDF will download to your computer. If you ever experience any problems with this feel free to email us at support((at))adventureaweek.com.
5. Memorize the icons - You'll be seeing these icons often on textboxes all over the site. Memorize the meaning of each and you'll find running our adventures is a cinch!
6. Browse around - Feel free to explore other sections of the site using the links at the top of the page.
7. Watch this video if you need a visual introduction to the site!
If you have any questions which we didn't answer here please feel free to post a comment (below) or email me personally at Jonathan((at))aawgames.com. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as humanly possible! 🙂
Thanks for reading.
-Jonathan G. Nelson
AAW Games / AdventureAWeek.com